YoVille will NEVER ask for your password, so please be wary of malicious emails and/or forum posts that request your password, including via web links.
YoVille Community Forum

You are not logged in. Viewing as Guest

Lori
YoAficionado

Status:
Registered: Oct 27, 2009
Posts: 3277

Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:48 pm
I never do very well in the gem events. I only partially participate in them, now, because it is just too draining for me mentally and physically but no matter how many entries I do, I always seem to end up with the lamest of the prizes. Things like onesies, masks, duplicates of items I already spent good YC on in the store...and little to none of the nice new furniture. And when BVG puts my favourite decorating styles from real life, like Shabby Chic and Art Deco and Bohemian in these events and I keep missing out on so much of it, it is really disheartening.

Well. La Tina saw a post I made talking about the Art Deco event and sent me over a whole bunch of beautiful items to deco with and also lovely hairs, including the one I am wearing!! I love it all and wanted to acknowledge her kindness and for telling me I was worthy to receive these beautiful things. That got me teary. Thanks again, my new friend. That was so incredibly kind of you. :hug:

Skylar Heartbinder
YoAficionado

Status:
Registered: Sep 06, 2009
Posts: 3657

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:03 pm
WOOT! :) Love hearing that! Well the surprise gifting part any ways. Sucks your favorite themes keep getting stuck in the GE! I already got rid of all my deco items or I would've added to your deco stuff. Only thing I liked and kept from that theme was the bar.

Lori
YoAficionado

Status:
Registered: Oct 27, 2009
Posts: 3277

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:16 pm
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:WOOT! :) Love hearing that! Well the surprise gifting part any ways. Sucks your favorite themes keep getting stuck in the GE! I already got rid of all my deco items or I would've added to your deco stuff. Only thing I liked and kept from that theme was the bar.


Aw, thanks. Yes, BVG does seem to be really good at doing that to me. My decorating mojo has been off for awhile with Yoworld feeling more like a job since the gem events started and also health things (the worst being that I had such bad vision for the past couple of years), but hopefully this is going to get me inspired to work on and finish the art deco house I had started a year or more back. :thumbsup:

I hope they don't put too much good stuff in a gem event for Halloween, because I absolutely love Halloween, too. At least I know we are getting some great designer things and those should (better!!) go in the store! :heart:

Skylar Heartbinder
YoAficionado

Status:
Registered: Sep 06, 2009
Posts: 3657

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:33 pm
Lori (131347843) wrote:
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:WOOT! :) Love hearing that! Well the surprise gifting part any ways. Sucks your favorite themes keep getting stuck in the GE! I already got rid of all my deco items or I would've added to your deco stuff. Only thing I liked and kept from that theme was the bar.


Aw, thanks. Yes, BVG does seem to be really good at doing that to me. My decorating mojo has been off for awhile with Yoworld feeling more like a job since the gem events started and also health things (the worst being that I had such bad vision for the past couple of years), but hopefully this is going to get me inspired to work on and finish the art deco house I had started a year or more back. :thumbsup:

I hope they don't put too much good stuff in a gem event for Halloween, because I absolutely love Halloween, too. At least I know we are getting some great designer things and those should (better!!) go in the store! :heart:


Hopefully not, but they prolly will. That will be one GE I will be hording away the rewards to though, if they do LOL! They would be like Pokemon and I'd have to catch them all!

Adeline PINK
YoEnthusiast

Status:
Registered: Aug 12, 2009
Posts: 8828

Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:02 pm
Lori (131347843) wrote:I never do very well in the gem events. I only partially participate in them, now, because it is just too draining for me mentally and physically but no matter how many entries I do, I always seem to end up with the lamest of the prizes. Things like onesies, masks, duplicates of items I already spent good YC on in the store...and little to none of the nice new furniture. And when BVG puts my favourite decorating styles from real life, like Shabby Chic and Art Deco and Bohemian in these events and I keep missing out on so much of it, it is really disheartening.

Well. La Tina saw a post I made talking about the Art Deco event and sent me over a whole bunch of beautiful items to deco with and also lovely hairs, including the one I am wearing!! I love it all and wanted to acknowledge her kindness and for telling me I was worthy to receive these beautiful things. That got me teary. Thanks again, my new friend. That was so incredibly kind of you. :hug:


Very nice of her. Hopefully, you can find a balance within yourself regarding what you get and don't get.

Lori
YoAficionado

Status:
Registered: Oct 27, 2009
Posts: 3277

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:16 pm
Adeline PINK (113719515) wrote:
Lori (131347843) wrote:I never do very well in the gem events. I only partially participate in them, now, because it is just too draining for me mentally and physically but no matter how many entries I do, I always seem to end up with the lamest of the prizes. Things like onesies, masks, duplicates of items I already spent good YC on in the store...and little to none of the nice new furniture. And when BVG puts my favourite decorating styles from real life, like Shabby Chic and Art Deco and Bohemian in these events and I keep missing out on so much of it, it is really disheartening.

Well. La Tina saw a post I made talking about the Art Deco event and sent me over a whole bunch of beautiful items to deco with and also lovely hairs, including the one I am wearing!! I love it all and wanted to acknowledge her kindness and for telling me I was worthy to receive these beautiful things. That got me teary. Thanks again, my new friend. That was so incredibly kind of you. :hug:


Very nice of her. Hopefully, you can find a balance within yourself regarding what you get and don't get.


What a condescending remark, Adeline.

JulieHootieScraps
YoBeliever

Status:
Registered: Jul 11, 2009
Posts: 12136

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:00 am
I've barely been on the forum this weekend. That was super nice of LaTina :D And Lori is a gem herself.
402
403
403
403
406
409
409
409
410
410
411
411
412
413
414
415
415
419
420
422
423
423
424
425
427
427
428
428
428
441
442
450
451
452
453
453
457
459
462
471
500
500
500
500
500
500
500
500